We understand that your personal information is exceptionally important to you and when you trust us with it, we have a duty to keep it safe and secure.
This Privacy Notice explains what information DLD Logistics, (‘we’, ‘us’, and ‘our’) gather about you, what we use that information for, and who we give that information to. It also sets out your rights in relation to your information and who you can contact for more information or queries
Who we are: We are DLD Logistics situated in Brackenfell, Western Cape, South Africa and are the data controller of your personal information. All references in this policy to “our website”, refer to the website owned by DLD Logistics at www.dldlogistics.co.za and www.dldgroup.co.za.
We take data protection very seriously and we are committed to protecting your personal information. This Privacy Notice describes how we handle personal information collected through our website and by any other means.
It is our policy to collect only the minimum information required from you.
In this Privacy Notice your personal information is sometimes called “personal data”. We sometimes collectively refer to handling, collecting, protecting or storing your personal information as ‘processing’.
Personal information Personal information is anything that enables you to be identified or identifiable, e.g. your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number.
Use of personal information
When you provide personal information to us, we may use it for any of the purposes described in this Privacy Notice including:
- To provide you with our services
- To administer and manage our website(s), including
- To confirm and authenticate your identity
- To personalise and enrich your browsing experience by displaying content that is more likely to be relevant and of interest to you;
- To understand how people, use the features and functions of our website in order to improve the user experience;
- To monitor and enforce compliance with our Terms of Business and policies; and/or
- Any other purposes for which you provided the information to us, including any of the purposes given in the ‘Collection of personal information’ section above.
- To perform our contractual obligations to you;
- To satisfy any legal obligations to which we are subject;
- To satisfy our legitimate interests in the effective delivery of products and services to you and in the effective and lawful operation of our businesses;
- If you have agreed to us processing your personal information (where no other lawful basis for processing is available)
- Request a copy of
personalinformation we hold about you;
- Ask that we update the personal information we hold about you, or correct such personal information that you think is incorrect or incomplete;
- Ask that we delete personal information that we hold about you, or restrict the way in which we use such personal information;
- Object to our processing of your personal information; and/or
- Withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information (to the extent such processing is based on consent and consent is the only permissible basis for processing).
We do not collect personally identifying information for sale or use by third parties.
We do not sell any data to third parties
Legal grounds for processing personal information
We rely on one or more of the following lawful bases:
Security of personal information
Only authorised persons are provided
Although we use appropriate security measures once we have received your personal data, the transmission of data over the internet (including by e-mail) is never completely secure.
We endeavour to protect personal data, but we cannot be held
Retention of personal information
We will retain your personal information only for as long as we need it, given the purposes for which it was collected, or as required to do so by law.
Rights in relation to your information
You have certain rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you. In particular, you have the right to:
If you would like to exercise these rights or understand if these rights apply to you, please contact us.
Automated decision making
We will not use your personal information for automated decision making or profiling.